5321 Date Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841
J.R. is an active professional photographer working in the areas of fine art, nature, stock, and commercial photography. J.R has over 40 years of photographic experience. He began his passion for photography working in his father's darkroom, later attending Ohio State University working on an MFA in photography. During his studies, he was fortunate enough to spend time with Minor White, Ansel Adams, John Sexton and Kim Weston just to name a few. He won his first National Award from Scholastic Magazine winning 2 gold keys, from there he went on to win numerous awards including the Nature Conservancy Photo Contest.
His Program: Using the Creative Mind
1. Painted images- How to layer painting effects into original photographs in order to create a unique look.
2. Texturizing Images- This technique can be used to add texture to selected parts of an image and thus creating a very unique look.
3. TImescapes- This technique allows for multiple exposure over very long periods of time which creates very unusual images of moving objects.
4. Infrared- How to get started with infrared images. In the old days you needed special film and special handling, now cameras can easily be converted.
5. Tips and tricks- I will share some of my little tricks which can easily enhance your images.
Check his website (http://www.jrschnelzerphotography.com)
Sam Shaw will have a short program: "Passage to Eastern Europe".
08:30 Registration begins
Future Gold Rush Chapter Meetings:
June 10, 2018.
September 23, 2018
Future PSA Conferences:
Salt Lake City, Utah, Sept 30-Oct 6. 2018